Tuesday 13 September 2011

Fudge Cake Take Two


The Evaluation

4.5/5 stars: Taste. (Sarah suggested 5 but I'm docking it .5 for being a tiny bit dry.)
5/5 stars: Ease of recipe.
4/5 stars: Presentation. Basic but yummy looking.
3/5 stars: Time. Had to put foil on it in the oven as it went over the estimated cook time and I didn't want it to burn. But. Not too lengthy I suppose.
4.5/5 stars: Overall success. Much better than the last one!

 Recipe: 

 Ing.

225g self raising flour
225g butter
225g caster sugar
4 medium eggs
4 tablespoons cocoa powder (used green and blacks, same as with the truffles and would strongly recommend it!)
2 tablespoons boiling water (or more depending on consistency of cocoa powder. See method)

Cake Covering

150g chocolate
50g butter
1 tablespoon milk
Cute elephant shapes!

Method

1. Mix cocoa powder and boiling water together. Should result in a thick liquid.
2. This is one of those recipes where you can pour everything else in. But keep the eggs and flour back until the end, then add them in alternating doses and whisk well!
3. Bake at gas mark 4 for 25- 30 mins. But if it's not cooked after that, cover the top with foil and put it in for a further 10-15 mins.
4. Melt the chocolate for the cake covering and mix with the butter and milk. Decorate!
____________________
Remember the tardis fudge cake that did not go well? Okay so apparently I was harsh when marking its taste because my little sister says it was only the large amount of icing that was at fault. And when I asked what type of cake she wanted for her birthday, she said fudge. So here's take two, dad and Sarah's birthday cake. It turned out pretty well :)



3 comments:

  1. Wow I really want this right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should update this with my moose and then think about something else to bake. But yush, maybe a cake since I now have a cake tin to store it in...

    ReplyDelete